Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A sudden thought

CMG is having their committee recruitment for 2010, everyone was discussing what position are they applying. This makes me think of how I changed a lot this year, not physically, but socially.

This year, during orientation, Jolene and me just walked around the booths of every society, and randomly joined CMG because Jason was introducing CMG enthusiastically to us, that time we didn't know Jason, but now he was our ex-S&P leader and friend too. Then we asked to go for interview for the promotion and activities team. I remembered I was actually wonder whether want to go to that interview because I was shy and I thought I cannot do it. But, Jo convinced me to go have a try so we went together. Activity team rejected us because they had enough crews already, but surprisingly promotion team leaders, Sherman and Michelle accepted us as their crew, so we went for the first promotion meeting, chalking, almost every activity they held because we think it was fun. Then we were interested to involve in the production, so we considered every department we could join, so finally we joined Sets and Props. Get to know a bunch of friends, not just hi-bye friends. Sometimes I'll think how if Sherman didn't accept us as their crew during the interview, maybe we'll not involve in any activity of CMG? Now, come to the end of the year, I never imagine I'll really want to apply their committee. A girl who reluctant to go for an interview for only crew, now she wants to apply treasurer. I'd never be active in any club when I was at high school because my parents really strict and didn't allow us join too much outdoor activities. I was also not really active in my church youth even I was their committee, because those seniors were so picky one, they would only choose those cute and very not-shy person, who always sing loudly and talk a lot and be friend with them, I was always the one who left out, and to be ignored. So, yes, I am happy, this year I was able to be active (may be not so active) in CMG.

Besides being active in CMG, I found myself the first ever part time job this year. As I told before, I've never worked before because parental control, parents are too pampered us and didn't want us to work for others. Last year, I kept saying I wanted to work, but just say never take action. I even decided to stay at Melbourne during summer 2008 to do part-time job, but apparently I failed. First semester university, I wanted to find job too but sister advised not to before I get used to university's hectic life. Finally, after my winter break, I insisted to find myself a job. I am lucky enough because a senior of mine recommended me to work in UniCurry. I am lucky enough because my bosses approved me during my trial, although I did not really good during the first two trial days. 

My life changed a lot in 2009, I had a lot first try this year. I spent my 18 years old to the fullest, I did really enjoy 2009. Perhaps for some people, being active in society and doing part time job are not any special thing, but they are significant for me =)

EH! I should study my PBL now, what am I doing here! But yea!