Sunday, June 21, 2009

Foo Chow Sibu-Sandakian

Shit, after posting about my hometown's food, getting hungrier. So, I decided to write another post about Sibu Fook Chow's food. My parents are original Fook Chow-ian from Sibu, they moved to Sandakan after they married because of business, they lived happily and finally have 5 cute kids, especially me oh cheh, syok sendiri lol. My grandpa, grandma, paternal side Aunties still live at Sibu now. We're going back to Sibu next year CNY. My parents talked fook chow to us since young because they reckon Fook Chow people must know how to talk fook chow. So, fook chow is my mother tongue but cham cham one, I always add some malay, add some chinese, add some cantonese lol. They always cook fook chow foods too especially during the chinese festival.

Following are some of the Sibu Fook Chow foods:

"Tie Biang" A fried kuih with some shallot, erm, hard to describe the taste but it is awesomely nice.


"Kong Biang" with char siew meat. Love it till the max especially when it is served in hot. The kuih got a bit hard, not suitable for those who don't have teeth =.="


"Dian miang wu" My mum like it so much and she must eat it when we go Sibu.


KAMPUA. The most famous fook chow food. It is a kind of kon lou mee but it is in dry one, and the mee is sibu-ian's handmade mee. My dad love it so much. It is not so healthy because they use pig's oil to cook.


Chicken Mushroom Soup Mee Sua. Must eat during birthday, first day of CNY, and some important day.


Sayur Manis with egg. SUPER NICE!


Milian kuok. Only can get it in Sarawak.


“Zhou Cai Hung Ngang” 腌菜煮粉干。 I love this noodle, I told my dad I miss it that day and he said he cooks for me lol. Normally my parents cooks it with chicken instead of fish.


Pig Liver!!! I love it especially when it is stir-fried.


Fook-Chow Dumpling.


粉干馃. Saw the egg? One of the fook chow's special, fried hard-boil egg, lol.


My favourite.


Fook Chow Siu Mai. The centre one, grey colour one. Different from the normal Siu Mai. This is a lot bigger and nice =)RM0.60 per one now.


My parents are good in cooking this soup. Sea Cucumber soup.

Have to wait so long to eat these.
Hungry man. lol.

I am still boring =( What to do?

No comments: